New offering offers comprehensive credit and financial monitoring as well as identity protection and recovery as a standalone service or via Bitdefender Ultimate Security Suite
Bucharest, Romania and SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Bitdefender, a global cybersecurity leader, today unveiled Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection, a new US consumer service offering identity threat detection and alerts, credit and financial account monitoring 24/7, and dedicated recovery services in case of successful identity resume. The service helps prevent criminals from stealing or using personal information to drain financial accounts, open new lines of credit, commit medical or tax fraud, among other identity-based offenses.
Identity theft remains a significant risk for consumers. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) reported that consumers were losing nearly $6 billion due to fraud in 2021, an increase of more than 70% over the previous year. Additionally, a recent Bitdefender survey of over 10,000 consumers revealed that many of them practice what is considered high-risk behavior when it comes to data protection and digital identities, with 50% saying they use one password for all online accounts and regularly share personal information. identification details, including name (43%), email address and date of birth (40%) and home address (29%).
“As consumers conduct more personal business and finance online, they need comprehensive cybersecurity protection that not only blocks threats like malware and phishing attempts, but also safeguards digital privacy. and actively secures personal data against theft and misuse,” said Ciprien Istrat, Vice President, Bitdefender Consumer Solutions Group. “The Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection service enables consumers to enjoy online shopping, banking, social media, and other activities with peace of mind, knowing that their financial identity, privacy, and personal data are secure. protected 24 hours a day and that their credit is quickly repaired when needed.”
Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection, developed in collaboration with IdentityForce (a brand of TransUnion), is available as a standalone subscription service or through Bitdefender Ultimate Security, a comprehensive cybersecurity suite that integrates Bitdefender Total Security antivirus, Bitdefender Premium VPN and Bitdefender Password Manager to protect computers. and mobile devices on multiple operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
Key features of Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection include:
- Continuous Identity and Credit Monitoring — Bitdefender combines advanced threat detection capabilities and dark web threat intelligence with 24/7 identity, privacy and credit monitoring to protect users against theft, illegal sale or trade of their personal, financial and credit information. Monitoring is correlated with data dumps and known breaches to notify users of details about compromised information such as passwords, addresses or credit card numbers.
- Real-time fraud alerts — Bitdefender Identity Theft instantly alerts users when personal and financial data is compromised or identity information is used to apply for new lines of credit, mortgages, car loans, wireless devices, check orders , etc. Fraud attempts are stopped in the moment, not after the financial damage has occurred.
- Complete Identity Theft Restoration Services — Bitdefender Identity Theft provides 24/7 support services, custom mitigation strategies, and identity theft disaster recovery. US-certified protection experts do the heavy lifting of freezing compromised accounts, contacting third parties, and completing necessary paperwork to restore identity, bringing relief to consumers.
- Identity theft insurance — Bitdefender Identify Theft provides insurance covering certain disbursements, lost wages and funds stolen from financial accounts, up to $2 million (USD) if a user is a victim of successful identity theft.
- Credit Score Simulator — A unique credit score simulator helps users predict the impact of certain financial decisions on their credit score. Users can experiment with different credit balances, credit card payments, balance transfers and more, to understand how and why their score changes in order to make the best financial decision for their situation.
Bitdefender Identity Theft Protection is available now as an annual subscription or through the Bitdefender Ultimate Security suite. For more information or to purchase, visit https://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/identity-theft-protection.html.
Bitdefender delivers cybersecurity solutions with industry-leading security efficiency, performance, and ease of use to small and medium businesses, midsize businesses, and consumers. Guided by the vision of being the world’s most trusted cybersecurity solutions provider, Bitdefender is committed to defending organizations and individuals around the world against cyberattacks in order to transform and improve their digital experience. For more information, visit https://www.bitdefender.com.