Auto insurance is a legal requirement in most states, including Oregon. But with so many insurance providers, finding the best auto insurance in Oregon isn’t always easy. Here’s a look at the companies that offer the cheapest rates for some of the most common driver profiles.
- The cheapest for typical drivers: State farm
- The cheapest for drivers who have already had accidents: State farm
- The cheapest for drivers who have already received speeding tickets: State farm
- The cheapest for young drivers: COUNTRY Financial
- The cheapest for senior drivers: Geico
- The cheapest for drivers looking for minimum coverage: Geico
- The cheapest for drivers with low credit: COUNTRY Financial
Cheapest for typical drivers: State Farm
A typical 35-year-old driver with a clean criminal record pays about $ 1,785 a year for Oregon auto insurance, while a 35-year-old man with a clean criminal record pays only $ 1,742 a year. State Farm beats these two averages by a hefty margin, charging both men and women an average annual premium of $ 1,298.
The following insurers are also some of Oregon’s best auto insurance companies for typical drivers:
- Nationally, where female drivers pay about $ 1,349 per year on average, and male drivers pay about $ 1,299 per year
- COUNTRY Financial, where, regardless of gender, drivers pay about $ 1,387 per year for Oregon auto insurance
Cheapest for drivers with previous accidents: State Farm
A single accident pushes the average cost of auto insurance in Oregon to $ 2,616 per year. But injured customers who choose State Farm can get the same coverage for just $ 1,678 a year.
These companies also offer cheap car insurance quotes in Oregon for drivers with a history of accidents:
- Oregon Mutual Insurance, where these drivers pay about $ 1,781 per year
- American Family, which charges an average of $ 1,993 per year to drivers for an accident
Cheapest for drivers with previous speeding tickets: State Farm
Speeding drivers pay about $ 2,174 for Oregon auto insurance. But again, State Farm offers these drivers a much more affordable rate. In this case, his average annual premium is only $ 1,424.
These insurers also offer cheap auto insurance in Oregon for drivers with speeding tickets:
- Oregon Mutual Insurance, where these drivers pay about $ 1,462 per year on average
- Geico, which charges speeding drivers an average annual premium of $ 1,722
The cheapest for young drivers: COUNTRY Financial
Young drivers face some of the highest auto insurance premiums in Oregon, with an average rate of around $ 4,682 per year. But COUNTRY Financial offers coverage for teenage drivers for a more reasonable amount of $ 1,852 per year. (This is based on the profile of an 18-year-old driver with a clean criminal record.)
Teens can also get affordable auto insurance in Oregon from these companies:
- State Farm, where the average annual Oregon auto insurance premium for an 18-year-old driver is $ 3,089
- Geico, which charges these drivers an average of $ 3,440 per year
The cheapest for senior drivers: Geico
Older drivers pay only about $ 1,599 per year for Oregon auto insurance. But those who go with Geico get an even better rate – around $ 947 per year on average.
These insurers also offer low-cost auto insurance in Oregon for drivers 65 and older:
- Nationally, where the average annual premium for a 65-year-old driver is $ 1,124 per year
- State Farm, where these drivers pay about $ 1,194 per year for auto insurance
Cheapest for drivers looking for minimum coverage: Geico
Cheap liability insurance in Oregon costs drivers about $ 827 per year. It’s not too bad, but drivers who choose Geico can get the same coverage for a much more user-friendly budget of $ 489 per year.
Oregon’s minimum auto insurance is also quite reasonable with the following companies:
- Progressive, where drivers pay around $ 589 per year for minimum coverage
- State Farm, which charges about $ 628 per year for the state’s minimum coverage
Cheapest for drivers with low credit: COUNTRY Financial
COUNTRY Financial also stands out for drivers with low credit. Its average annual premium of $ 1,812 for these drivers is well below the state average of $ 2,762.
Here are a few other insurers that offer decent auto insurance rates in Oregon for drivers with bad credit:
- Oregon Mutual Insurance, where these drivers pay about $ 2,038 per year
- Geico, where drivers with poor credit pay around $ 2,078 per year on average
Average auto insurance in Oregon compared to national average
There is no simple answer to the question “How much does auto insurance cost in Oregon?” It depends on the driver, where he lives, the type of vehicle, his accident history, etc. Here’s a table showing how the state’s average rates for a few common driver profiles compare to the national average.